WASTE WISE PROGRAM - SUSTAINABILITY SPECIALIST
Waste Wise and Energy Smart are programs of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. The programs work in close partnership with the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation (a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the Chamber) to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses save money through waste reduction, resource conservation and energy efficiency. Waste Wise and Energy Smart provide the resources necessary to assist businesses with environmental sustainability programs and initiatives.
The Waste Wise Program Sustainability Specialist is responsible for a broad range of program activities including business recruitment, on-site waste consultations, technical assistance, and service follow-up.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Engage the Minnesota business community through in person and other direct contact networking.
- Schedule site visits for the Waste Wise program through phone calls, e-mails, and on-site doorknocking.
- Effectively communicate waste reduction, sustainability, energy conservation opportunities.
- Perform on-site consultations to identify and encourage implementation of waste reduction, recycling, and organics diversion opportunities.
- Conduct ongoing follow-up in order to drive businesses to complete waste reduction, reuse and recycling projects.
- Maintain accurate records of business participation and promptly update database with program results.
- Conduct waste reduction, reuse, and recycling research as needed.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Waste Wise Program Manager and MCC Environmental Sustainability Program Director.
- 3 - 5 years recent experience in business environmental sustainability consulting and business development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of waste reduction and business environmental sustainability issues.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with employees, owners of small to large businesses, waste hauler representatives and others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptionally strong data management, research, organization skills.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe desktop publishing software.
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Able to think outside of the box and create opportunities out of challenges.
- Vehicle required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage.
This is a full-time temporary position through the end of 2014 but may be extended beyond this time. The position included benefits and involves travel within Minnesota. The position reports to the Director of Environmental Sustainability at the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce.
This position is posted from November 13 - December 6, 2013.
Please e-mail (preferred) or mail resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Jill Curran, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce, Director of Environmental Sustainability Programs
400 North Robert Street, Suite 1500, St. Paul, Minnesota 55101