Hidden Harbor Marina
Hidden Harbor Marina is a 75-slip full service marina located on the Mississippi River in St. Paul Park, Hidden Harbor has achieved great heights for a relatively small business.
With a full-service repair shop, parts store, gas dock, pump outs and a restaurant, Hidden Harbor has more moving parts than most marinas. They’ve become known as a marina that operates in an environmentally friendly manner. Their accomplishments include:
Gives away on Craigslist large Styrofoam blocks that are removed from docks at end the of each boating season
- Provides recycling containers for placement on the boats. Recycling containers are also placed at each dock entrance.
- Installed LED lights throughout – both inside and outside of the buildings.
- Provides pump out in order to eliminate any excuses for dumping waste in the river.
Marquette Plaza is a 534,000 square foot office building in downtown Minneapolis. In 2011, Marquette Plaza became the first office building in Minneapolis to achieve LEED Platinum certification under the Operations + Maintenance rating system and currently has a record 86 LEED points.
Here a just a few highlights of Marquette Plaza’s accomplishments:
Greenhouse gas emissions reduction
- 52,828 metric ton equivalents of CO2 from 2011-2015
- 8 cubic yards of materials recycled each year, and this doesn’t include electronics or construction waste
- Annual cost savings of $46,278
- 932,000 gallons of water saved each year